Trane R’newal™ Service
Extend the life of your equipment.
Reduce the likelihood of unexpected downtime.
Budget ahead for maintenance.
Preventative Maintenance Services
The Trane R’newal™ Service programs are comprehensive services that restore the performance of equipment by replacing worn parts and materials. These services bring your existing units to the same level of reliability and current technology as offered by a new Trane chiller Learn more about these services below.
Series R R'newal
Under normal conditions, compressor components can wear and tear over time. The Series R R’newal Service Program works to restore RTAA, RTAC, RTHA, RTHB, RTHC, RTHD, and RTUA, RTWA, RTUD and RTWD compressors to the manufacturer’s original commitment to reliability and performance.
Performing a Series R R’newal
A local Trane service company will review and replace selected components such as circuit gaskets, o-rings, and bearings. Selected compressors will be renewed, bringing this part of the system up to current specifications and standards. With a Series R chiller R’newal, you will receive a standard two-year parts and labor warranty with an optional third through fifth-year parts and labor warranty, on selected compressors, with a service agreement.
- Backed by a long term Trane warranty
- Ensures leak integrity and prevents refrigerant loss
- Brings reliability and prevents expensive compressor failures caused by
- Brings reliability and prevents expensive motor failure caused by worn motor
- Where component designs have been enhanced, Trane replaces those components with the current upgraded parts
- Includes OEM compressor warranty coverage that can be extended up to
Trane R’newal service program is a factory-warranty solution that replaces worn materials, restores compressor performance, and provides the same assured reliability as seen with the new CenTraVac water chiller compressor.
This program is a Trane exclusive, factory specified, field executed compressor service program that is backed by a 2-year standard parts and labor warranty with the option of a 3-5 year extended warranty on the compressor motor, bearings, and lubrication system. This program allows you to meet your financial goals, improve your machine’s reliability, save money on operating costs, and prevent expensive unplanned failures.
- How the CenTraVac R’newal Program Works
- Replaces worn materials
- Updates components
- All work is field-executed (no in factory work)
- Restores the compressor
- Inspections of mechanical components preformed
- Startup per original chiller specifications
- New Trane R’newal serial number and plaque
- Options for Earthwise Purge, CH531, and AFD Retrofit
Commercial Self-Contained R'newal
The Trane Self-Contained R’newal service program is a Trane-exclusive, warranted solution to replace worn materials, restore unit performance, and provide the same reliability for replaced materials as seen on new units.
Trane self-contained air conditioning units are designed to run for decades but are often expected to last longer because they’re frequently difficult to replace. The Commercial Self-Contained R’newal program is designed specifically for owners who wish to sustain their equipment’s reliability and efficiency beyond industry standards.
This Trane self-contained air program is customizable for customers, allowing you to start with a base R’newal and add optional elements to address various unit needs.
The base package addresses the common wear items for mid-life units. It includes the following components:
- Replace unit compressors (includes up to 5-year warranty)
- Replacing power contactors
- Replacing unit airflow control switches
- Adding new three-phase power protection on units that do not have protection
Adaptive Frequency Drive R'newal
The AFD R’newal is a Trane exclusive offer that allows users to renew their liquid-cooled AFDs main wear components to restore their reliability and longevity to the equivalent of a new drive. Each R’newal comes with a new nameplate and its major power components are backed by a Trane extended warranty.
An AFD R’newal is less expensive than running a drive to failure, and it allows drive wear to be handled as a budgeted capital expense rather than an unbudgeted maintenance expense.
The AFD R’newal program is the best way to detect and remedy minor problems before they become catastrophic failures. Major benefits of the program include:
- Reliability. Power control boards, power semiconductors, and electrolytic capacitors all wear. The best way to prevent random failure is by performing a scheduled R’newal on the drive.
- Speed. Repair of a failed AFD is never fast. Assuming the work can be scheduled (always an “if” during the cooling season), an AFD failure can mean days of downtime during the cooling season.
- Factory Warranty. The factory warranty option demonstrates the high-value Trane places on its AFD and the service technicians who work on them.
- Value. A repair necessitated by chance is always more expensive than the maintenance that would have prevented it.
The IntelliPak Refresh service program is a factory-warranty solution to replace worn materials, restore unit performance, and provide the same reliability for the replaced materials as seen on new IntelliPak units. This program is offered for Trane IntelliPak-style rooftop units built in the 1980s or later.
This program is a Trane-exclusive service program, that is backed by the same standard one-year parts warranty and optional extended parts warranties offered on new Trane equipment. The refresh program is designed for owners who wish to sustain their equipment’s reliability and efficiency over a life of 20 to 25 years or longer.
This program is customizable for customers, allowing you to choose from a simple base refresh to a comprehensive overhaul of unit compressors, heat exchangers, and motors.
The base refresh generally takes technicians less than a day to install and is usually combined with other scheduled services. It includes these components:
- Replacing materials items that commonly fail later in the unit’s life
- Refresh materials to restore lost efficiency
- Proactively replace components whose failure results in significant downtime
- Install new Trane R’newal serial number and plaque
Balance between short and long-term maintenance priorities.
There are a lot of questions to consider when making decisions on your preventative maintenance and equipment replacement plans. When do you replace a chiller? When is it worth investing to upgrade your machine? Trane offers a R’newal Service that will restore your compressor so that it performs just as well as a new Trane chiller.